Improve Your Contour, Revise Scars, Fill Depressions and Rejuvenate Your Hands and Face
Fat Transfer Surgery in Fargo, ND
Fat transfer surgery is the process of extracting fat from one’s own body (using liposuction techniques) and then using it to fill in lines and wrinkles on the face and restore lost facial volume. Fat transfer is also used to enhance body contour and volume of the hands, breasts, and buttocks. Fat transfer is also used to improve the quality of acne-scarred skin and to treat radiation injury to the breast.
Fat transferred in this manner is considered an ideal filler material for many reasons. Using fat as a filler is safe since it comes from your own body. In addition, about half of the fat injected becomes living tissue and provides a permanent natural result. And aside from procedure costs, the fat used comes at no cost. Fat transfer can also be an effective solution for patients who aren’t interested in using synthetic fillers or have allergies that prevent the use of such fillers.
FAQ: Fat Transfer
What are the risks to fat transfer surgery?
- As nothing foreign or synthetic is being placed in the body during fat transfer, the risk of rejection or allergic reaction is low. Yet, some complications may occur, including swelling, asymmetry, and bruising. More serious risks, like bleeding or infection, are rare but still possible.
How long is the recovery from fat transfer surgery?
- Some patients may experience some bruising and swelling and slight discomfort after surgery, primarily at the injection site. The swelling and bruising tend to subside within the first week. It is recommended that you rest for the first 24 hours after fat transfer surgery, keeping rigorous activity to a minimum while still remaining mobile.
Can I combine fat transfer surgery with other procedures?
- Fat transfer can be performed as a standalone procedure but is often performed in combination with a face lift procedure or other body contouring procedures to further enhance results with one recovery period.
Who are good candidates for fat transfer surgery?
- If you are experiencing any of the following conditions you may be a good candidate for fat transfer surgery:
- Loss of facial volume
- Laugh lines
- Crow’s feet
- Hollows under eyes
- Sunken cheeks
- Scarring or facial indentations
How much does fat transfer surgery cost in North Dakota?
- The cost of fat transfer surgery can vary. After your consultation with Dr. Adams, we will provide a detailed cost estimate, and will also discuss payment methods, scheduling, and financing options. In general, price shopping for surgery isn’t recommended. It is best to choose a plastic surgeon that you are comfortable with, trust, and one that has the proper training from an accredited plastic surgery training program. Visit our Financing & Fees page to learn more.
Interested in Fat Transfer?
Request a consultation to learn more! Dr. Adams will walk you through the procedure, answer any questions you have, and see if you are a good candidate.
At Center for Plastic Surgery, we carefully research and recommend only the most reliable surgical solutions that we believe will provide the best and most consistent results for our patients. The staff at CFPS pledges to carefully listen to each patient’s individual goals and vision for their improvements. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Adams, MD, to see if you are a candidate for this procedure!