Make Your Eyes Look as Bright and Youthful as You Feel
Brow Lift Surgery in Fargo, ND
Brow lift surgery goes by many names including forehead lift or “browplasty.” A brow lift surgery lifts and tightens the soft tissues of the forehead to restore a more youthful appearance, not only to the forehead, but upper eyelids and eyebrows. Aging tends to lower the eyebrows and lengthen the forehead, as well as form wrinkles and skin folds on the sides of the eyes and temples. A brow lift is performed to defy the aging process. There are various brow lift methods, all designed to accomplish the results that each individual needs. For some patients, the brows can be lifted and the hairline which may have receded can be brought back down to its normal location.
The eyebrow lift procedure begins with an incision around the hairline, sometimes extending down toward the ears. Excess skin or fat can then be removed in areas where wrinkles and puffiness need to be eliminated, and the underlying tissues and muscles can be tightened. All incisions are closed with sutures once the skin is replaced and the eyebrows are repositioned. The full eyebrow lift procedure typically only takes between one and two hours to perform.
At Center for Plastic Surgery, we carefully research and recommend only the most reliable surgical solutions that we believe will provide the best and most consistent results for our patients. The staff at CFPS pledges to carefully listen to each patient’s individual goals and vision for their improvements. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Adams, MD, to see if you are a candidate for this procedure!
What are the risks to brow lift surgery?
- An injury to the nerves that control the movement of the eyebrow and forehead can occur, but this is quite rare. When it does occur, it is usually temporary and returns to normal in one to two months. If it is permanent it may require further surgery.
- Hair loss near the edges of the scar or the formation of a wide scar can occur but is also rare. This may require a scar revision to improve the appearance.
- Loss of sensation to portions of the scalp is possible. This improves over many months but can result in a small area of numbness in some patients.
How long is the recovery from brow lift surgery?
- You should feel pretty good in 1-2 days, but it is important to refrain from any strenuous activity for at least the first week after surgery. Patients are encouraged to begin showering with lukewarm water 1-2 days after surgery but avoid hot water as very hot temperatures can be dangerous to the numb parts of the scalp for several weeks. Within 2 weeks, all the sutures or surgical clips will be removed. For the first week, the swelling will distort the way you look but this will improve by the second week. You will have to refrain from any exercise for 3 weeks and heavy exercise for 6 weeks, although you should be walking around as much as possible after surgery.
Who are good candidates for brow lift surgery?
- The best candidates are healthy individuals usually in their 40’s to 60’s who have developed brow descent and frown lines. Most patients who are good candidates for facial rejuvenation usually have signs of aging throughout their face and obtain the most benefit from a more global approach with brow lift surgery to treat the upper face. Younger patients with inherently low or heavy brows may also be good candidates.