Eliminate Depressions, Bumps, and Humps in the Nose Profile
Rhinoplasty Surgery in Fargo, ND
Rhinoplasty, typically called a “nose job,” is a surgical procedure that works to reshape and improve the appearance of the nose. Rhinoplasty is commonly performed to reduce or increase the bridge of the nose, change the shape, size, and angle of the tip of the nose, change the shape of the nostrils, improve breathing, straighten a crooked nose, shorten or lengthen the nose, and/or alter the projection of the nose. Deformities caused by trauma are also corrected by rhinoplasty.
Rhinoplasty techniques are divided into two major categories, “open” and “closed,” based on the incisions used. The goal of both surgical techniques is to separate the skin of the nose from the underlying bone and cartilage framework. In open rhinoplasty surgery, the incisions are made inside the nostrils and connected with an incision at the bottom of the nose across the tissue that separates the nostrils. In closed rhinoplasty surgery, the incision across the tissue is not made; incisions are only made inside the nostrils. This produces invisible scars.
At Center for Plastic Surgery, we carefully research and recommend only the most reliable surgical solutions that we believe will provide the best and most consistent results for our guests. The staff at CFPS pledges to carefully listen to each guest’s individual goals and vision for their improvements. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Adams, MD, to see if you are a candidate for this procedure!
What are the risks of rhinoplasty surgery?
- As rhinoplasty is a surgical procedure, it comes with small but inherent risks that every patient should be aware of. The typical risks of rhinoplasty are:
- Infection at the site of the operation
- Poor post-procedural healing
- Nasal septal perforation (a hole in the nose’s divider, inside the nose) causing breathing difficulties or irregularities
- Under or over correction that may require another surgery
How long is the recovery from rhinoplasty surgery?
- During the recovery process for rhinoplasty, patients will experience some swelling and bruising as a result of the surgery. Typically, there is bruising and swelling around the eyes as well as the nose. The recovery time for rhinoplasty is about 1-2 weeks and while the initial bruising subsides within this time, it may take up to one year for your new nasal contour to fully refine. During this time, you may notice gradual changes in the appearance of your nose as it changes to its final result.
How much does rhinoplasty surgery cost in North Dakota?
- The cost of rhinoplasty can vary. After your consultation with Dr. Adams, we will provide a detailed cost estimate, and will also discuss payment methods, scheduling, and financing options. In general, price shopping for surgery isn’t recommended. It is best to choose a plastic surgeon that you are comfortable with, trust, and one that has the proper training from an accredited plastic surgery training program. Visit our Financing & Fees page to learn more.